This chess set package includes our Zagreb Series Chess Set with ebony and boxwood pieces matched with our Black and Ash Burl Deluxe Chess Board. This design became prominent in the 1950’s when it was first used in the World Championship Candidates Match held in Zagreb in 1959. This unique and handsome Staunton design has since become a favorite for chess players around the world and one of our most popular chess sets. We made a few minor changes such as adding a tapered base to enhance appearance and balance of the chess pieces while maintaining the integrity of the intended design. As with most of our chess sets, spare queens are included.
Our Black and Ash Burl High Gloss Deluxe Chess Board goes perfect with ebony and boxwood chess pieces. Imported from Spain, this is an inlaid chess board made for us by Rechapados Ferrer. The black and golden color of the natural ash burl are enhanced by the high gloss, glass-like finish creating an elegant backdrop for the ebony and boxwood chess pieces. A pinstripe delimiter around the squares and an extra-wide frame adds an elegant look to the board. The squares are 1.75" with the chess board measuring 17.5" x 17.5”.
- Ebony & Boxwood
- Pieces individually hand polished with solid lacquer and buffing wheel
- King Height: 3.25"
- King Base: 1.375"
- King Weight: 1.8 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 32 Ounces
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Billiard Cloth Pads
- Black & Ash Burl Veneer over MDF
- High Gloss Polyurethane Finish with a Glass-Like Finish
- Triple Layer Pinstripe Delimiter around Squares
- Extra-Wide Frame
- Square Size: 1.75”
- Chess Board Size: 17.5” x 17.5” x .5”
- Felt Pads on the Bottom
- Made in Spain by Rechapados Ferrer