This chess set package includes our Zagreb Series Chess Set with ebonized and natural boxwood pieces matched with our Black and Ash Burl Deluxe Chess Board. As you can see from our photo, the chess set and board is a perfect match and the black and golden colors creates a striking contrast. Our Yugoslavia Staunton originates from the chess set designed for the 1950 Chess Olympiad held in Dubrovnik, Yugoslavia. This unique and handsome Staunton design has since become a favorite for chess players around the world and one of our most popular chess sets. We made a few minor changes such as adding a tapered base to enhance appearance and balance of the chess pieces while maintaining the integrity of the intended design. As with most of our chess sets, spare queens are included.
Our Black and Ash Burl High Gloss Deluxe Chess Board goes perfect with our burnt boxwood chess pieces. Imported from Spain, this is an inlaid chess board made for us by Rechapados Ferrer. The black and golden color of the natural ash burl are enhanced by the high gloss, glass-like finish creating an elegant backdrop for the burnt and boxwood chess pieces. A pinstripe delimiter around the squares and an extra-wide frame adds an elegant look to the board. The squares are 1.75" with the chess board measuring 17.75" x 17.75”.
Our Classic Black Chess Pieces Box is a great option for storing your treasured wood chess pieces. This luxurious chess box has an old world-charm with its lock and key for securing the lid and an emerald green baize interior with a divider in the center for separating the two colors. This is a jet black piano lacquer finish with a high-gloss, glass like appearance. This is the perfect box for ebony or ebonized pieces and especially our high-gloss black and natural boxwood pieces. High quality brass plated hinges and lock add to the attractiveness of this box. The bottom of the box is covered in with black felt to protect furniture where it might sit.
Save $30.97 Compared to Buying Pieces, Board & Box Separately!
- Ebonized Boxwood & Boxwood
- Pieces individually hand polished with solid lacquer and buffing wheel
- King Height: 3.25"
- King Base: 1.375"
- King Weight: 1.8 oz.
- Chess Set Weight: 32 oz.
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Billiard Cloth Pads
- Material: Black Stained Wood & Ash Burl Veneer & Wood Materials
- Finish: High Gloss Polyurethane (glass-like finish)
- Square Size: 1.75" (actual 45mm)
- Dimensions: 17.75" x 17.75" x .5"
- Imported from Spain, Rechapados Ferrer is the largest manufacturer and the most recognized name of high quality wood chess boards in the world
- Material: Black Stained Wood & Other Wood Composite
- Finish: High Gloss Piano Lacquer
- Outside Dimensions: 8.375" x 5.625" x 3.75"
- Inside Dimension: 7.375" x 4.625" x 2.75" (.75" space above in lid)