This chess set includes our Zagreb with genuine ebony and boxwood pieces matched with our Black and Ash Burl High Gloss Deluxe Chess Board and Classic Black Chess Piece Box. Our Zagreb series chess sets have been a mainstay in our collection for decades. This design became prominent in the 1950’s when it was first used in the World Championship Candidates Match held in Zagreb in 1959. This unique and handsome design with opposite color tops on the king, queen, and bishop has since become a favorite for chess players around the world and one of our most popular sets. This is a tournament size chess set with a 3.9" tall king. The pieces are heavily weighted for exceptional stability and have green billiard cloth pads so they slide easily across the chess board. We include 2 extra queens for pawn promotion.
Our Black and Ash Burl High Gloss Deluxe Chess Board is perfect for ebony and boxwood chess pieces. Imported from Spain, this is an inlaid chess board made for us by Rechapados Ferrer. The black and golden color of the natural ash burl are enhanced by the high gloss, glass-like finish creating an elegant backdrop for the ebony and boxwood chess pieces. A pinstripe delimiter around the squares and an extra-wide frame adds an elegant look to the board. The squares are 2.125" with the chess board measuring 21.5" x 21.5”.
Our Classic Black Chess Pieces Box is a great option for storing your treasured wood chess pieces. This luxurious chess box has an old world-charm with its lock and key for securing the lid and an emerald green baize interior with a divider in the center for separating the two colors. This is a jet black piano lacquer finish with a high-gloss, glass like appearance. This is the perfect box for ebony or ebonized pieces and especially our high-gloss black and natural boxwood pieces. High quality brass plated hinges and lock add to the attractiveness of this box. The bottom of the box is covered in with black felt to protect furniture where it might sit.
Save $40.97 Compared to Buying Pieces, Board & Box Separately!
- Ebony & Boxwood
- Pieces individually hand polished with solid lacquer and buffing wheel
- King Height: 3.875"
- King Base: 1.625"
- King Weight: 3.5 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 56 Ounces
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Billiard Cloth Pads
- Black & Ash Burl Veneer over MDF
- High Gloss Polyurethane Finish with a Glass-Like Finish
- Triple Layer Pinstripe Delimiter around Squares
- Extra-Wide Frame
- Square Size: 2.125”
- Chess Board Size: 21.5” x 21.5” x .5”
- Felt Pads on the Bottom
- Made in Spain by Rechapados Ferrer
- Material: Black Stained Wood & Other Wood Composite
- Finish: High Gloss Piano Lacquer
- Outside Dimensions: 9.75" x 6.625" x 4.25"
- Inside Dimension: 8.75" x 5.625" x 3.25" (.75" space above in lid)
- Does not include the chess pieces in the photo