This chess set package includes our Zagreb with ebonized boxwood and boxwood pieces matched with our Black and Ash Burl Deluxe Chess Board. As you can see from our photo, the chess set and board is a perfect match and the black and golden colors creates a striking contrast. Our Zagreb series chess sets have been a mainstay in our collection for decades. This design became prominent in the 1950’s when it was first used in the World Championship Candidates Match held in Zagreb in 1959. This unique and handsome Staunton design has since become a favorite for chess players around the world and one of our most popular chess sets. We made a few minor changes such as adding a tapered base to enhance appearance and balance of the chess pieces while maintaining the integrity of the intended design. As with most of our chess sets, spare queens are included.
- Ebonized Boxwood & Boxwood
- Pieces individually hand polished with solid lacquer and buffing wheel
- King Height: 3.875"
- King Base: 1.625"
- King Weight: 3.5 oz.
- Chess Set Weight: 56 oz.
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Billiard Cloth Pads
- Material: Black Stained Wood & Ash Burl Veneer & Wood Materials
- Finish: High Gloss Polyurethane (glass-like finish)
- Square Size: 2.125" (actual 55mm)
- Dimensions: 21.5" x 21.5" x .5"
- Imported from Spain, Rechapados Ferrer is the largest manufacturer and the most recognized name of high quality wood chess boards in the world.