This elegant chess set includes our burnt boxwood version of our Dubrovnik Championship Series chess set matched with our Walnut and Maple Molded Edge Chess Board and Classic Walnut Chess Box. This wonderful chess set is an exact replica of the one used in 1970s-era Dubrovnik Chess Olympiad in Siegen, West Germany. This wonderful Staunton pattern was made popular by the legendary Bobby Fischer, who was often photographed playing with his own set. Pieces are made from boxwood that is burnt and then a hand carved design is added to each piece creating a unique and distinguishable pattern. This is a tournament-sized set that features a 3.875" King with a 1.625" diameter base. The Chess pieces are hand carved by our master artisans and crafted out of the highest boxwood. The chess pieces are heavily weighted have thick green baize pads for a soft feel on chess board. The unique design, quality and craftsmanship of this chess set is simply unmatched.
The rich brown color of the Walnut and Maple Molded Edge chess board is a stunning backdrop against the burnt and natural boxwood color. This is an inlaid chess board made from the finest walnut and maple veneer and sealed with a semi-gloss polyurethane finish to protect the wood. The precision of the inlay work is remarkable. The chess board has 2.125" squares accentuated by a beautiful sycamore delimiter and surrounded by an extra wide frame with a black molded edge. The overall size of the board is 21.5" and is .5" thick. Our Classic Chess Box is wonderfully constructed and reminiscent of the old heirloom quality chess boxes from many years ago. The box is covered in walnut veneer and the interior is lined with a thick green baize just like we use for the pads on our chess pieces. The box has a divider in the center for storing the black and white pieces separately. We used high quality recessed hinges and a brass plated lock for securing the lid. We include 2 keys in case one ever gets lost. Whether you are looking for superior set for your casual game or you are collector, this beautiful chess set will add pleasure to every game you play.
- Pieces are burnt followed by a hand carved design
- High gloss lacquer with a glass-like finish
- King Height: 3.875"
- King Base: 1.625"
- King Weight: 3 oz.
- Chess Set Weight: 56 oz.
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Billiard Cloth Pads
- Material: Walnut & Maple Veneer & Wood Materials
- Finish: Satin Polyurethane (soft sheen)
- Square Size: 2.125" (actual 55mm)
- Dimensions: 21.5" x 21.5" x .5"
- Imported from Spain, Rechapados Ferrer is the largest manufacturer and the most recognized name of high quality wood chess boards in the world.
- Material: Walnut Veneers & Other Woods
- Lining: Thick Green Baize (same material as the pads on the chess pieces)
- Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Brass Plated Lock and Hinges (includes 2 keys)
- Outside Dimensions: 9.75" x 6.625" x 4.25"
- Inside Dimension: 8.75" x 5.625" x 3" (1" space above in lid)