This chess set package includes our Dubrovnik Championship Series chess set with golden rosewood and boxwood pieces matched with our Walnut and Maple Molded Edge Chess Board and Classic Walnut Chess Box. This wonderful chess set is an exact replica of the one used in 1970s-era Dubrovnik Chess Olympiad in Siegen, West Germany. This wonderful Staunton pattern was made popular by the legendary Bobby Fischer, who was often photographed playing with his own set. This is a full tournament-sized set that features a 3.9" King with a 1.625" diameter base. The Chess pieces are hand carved by our master artisans and crafted out of the highest quality golden rosewood and boxwood. The chess pieces are heavily weighted have thick green baize pads for a soft feel on chess board. The unique design, quality and craftsmanship of this chess set is simply unmatched. Whether you are looking for superior set for your casual game you are collector of fined chess sets, our Dubrovnik Championship Series chessmen are a must have.
Our Deluxe Walnut and Maple Chess Board is made for us by Rechapados Ferrer in Spain, the larges manufacturer of high quality chess boards in the world. This is an inlaid chess board made from the finest walnut and maple veneer sealed with a semi-gloss polyurethane finish to protect the wood. The precision of the inlay work is remarkable. The squares are 2.125" and the overall size of the board is 21.5" and .5" thick. A triple inlay delimiter accentuates the playing area and the bottom of the board has pads to protect whatever surface it sets on. The chess box is wonderfully constructed and reminiscent of the old heirloom quality chess boxes from many years ago. The box is covered in walnut veneer and the interior is lined with a thick green baize just like we use for the pads on our chess pieces. The box has a divider in the center for storing the black and white pieces separately. We used high quality recessed hinges and a brass plated lock for securing the lid. We include 2 keys in case one ever gets lost. Whether you are a collector or just looking for one special chess set for home, this Dubrovnik chess set is an unbeatable combination.
- Golden Rosewood & Boxwood
- Pieces individually hand polished with solid lacquer and buffing wheel
- King Height: 3.9"
- King Base: 1.625"
- King Weight: 2.3 oz.
- Chess Set Weight: 52 oz.
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Billiard Cloth Pads
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Material: Walnut & Maple Veneer & Wood Materials
- Finish: Satin Polyurethane (soft sheen)
- Square Size: 2.125"
- Dimensions: 21.5" x 21.5" x .5"
- Felt Pads on Bottom
- Made for The Chess Store by Rechapados Ferrer in Spain
- Material: Walnut Veneers & Other Wood
- Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Outside Dimensions: 9.75" x 6.625" x 4.25"
- Inside Dimension: 8.75" x 5.625" x 3" (1" space above in lid)
- High Quality Hinges and Lock - Comes with 2 Keys