This chess set includes our Dubrovnik Championship Series chess set with ebonized and natural boxwood pieces matched with our Walnut and Maple Molded Edge Chess Board and Classic Walnut Chess Box. This wonderful chess set is an exact replica of the one used in 1970s-era Dubrovnik Chess Olympiad in Siegen, West Germany. This wonderful Staunton pattern was made popular by the legendary Bobby Fischer, who was often photographed playing with his own set. This is a full tournament-sized set that features a 3.9" King with a 1.625" diameter base. The Chess pieces are turned on the lathe by our master artisans one piece at a time. The knights are hand carved with remarkable likeness from piece to piece that only the most skilled carvers in the world can produce. The jet black ebonized pieces are almost impossible to tell from real ebony and the boxwood is the perfect light amber color. The chess pieces are heavily weighted have thick green baize pads for a soft feel on chess board. The unique design, quality and craftsmanship of this chess set is simply unmatched.
Our Walnut and Maple Molded Edge Chess Board is made for us by Rechapados Ferrer in Spain, the largest manufacturer of high quality chess boards in the world. The board features a black molded edge with an extra-wide border and a colorful briar burl delimiter highlighting the squares. Made with the finest walnut and maple veneer, the precision inlay work by the craftsmen is remarkable. The entire board is finished in semi-gloss polyurethane to seal and protect the wood. The squares are 2.125" and the overall size of the board is 21.5" and .5" thick. The bottom of the board has felt pads to protect whatever surface it sets on. Our Classic Walnut Chess Box is has two compartments and is lined with thick green baize to protect the piece. It has lustrous brass hardware and latches closed with a key. Whether you are a collector or just looking for one special chess set for home, the Dubrovnik and its interesting history along with this beautiful chess board is an unbeatable combination.
- Ebonized & Natural Boxwood
- Pieces individually hand polished with solid lacquer and buffing wheel
- King Height: 3.9"
- King Base: 1.625"
- King Weight: 2.3 oz.
- Chess Set Weight: 52 oz.
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Billiard Cloth Pads
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Material: Walnut & Maple Veneer & Wood Materials
- Finish: Satin Polyurethane (soft sheen)
- Square Size: 2.125"
- Dimensions: 21.5" x 21.5" x .5"
- Felt Pads on Bottom
- Made for The Chess Store by Rechapados Ferrer in Spain
- Material: Walnut Veneers & Other Wood
- Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Outside Dimensions: 9.75" x 6.625" x 4.25"
- Inside Dimension: 8.75" x 5.625" x 3" (1" space above in lid)
- High Quality Hinges and Lock - Comes with 2 Keys