This elegant chess set includes our burnt boxwood version of our Dubrovnik Championship Series chess set matched with our Walnut and Maple Molded Edge Chess Board. This wonderful chess set is an exact replica of the one used in 1970s-era Dubrovnik Chess Olympiad in Siegen, West Germany. This wonderful Staunton pattern was made popular by the legendary Bobby Fischer, who was often photographed playing with his own set. Pieces are handcrafted from boxwood that is burnt and then a hand carved design is added to each piece creating a unique and distinguishable pattern. This is a tournament-sized set that features a 3.875" King with a 1.625" diameter base. The Chess pieces are hand carved by our master artisans and crafted out of the highest boxwood. The chess pieces are heavily weighted have thick green baize pads for a soft feel on chess board. The unique design, quality and craftsmanship of this chess set is simply unmatched.
Our Walnut and Maple Molded Edge Chess Board from Rechapados Ferrer combines classic design with elegant features to create an eye-catching battle field for your chess game. This is an inlaid chess board handcrafted from high quality walnut and maple veneer and sealed with a polyurethane finish that both protects and enhances the beauty of the wood. A wide and colorful burl wood delimiter accentuates the playing field while the black stained molded edge highlights the entire board. The squares are 2.125” and the footprint of the board is 21.5” square. Four felt pads on the bottom will protect whatever furniture the board sets on. Whether you are looking for superior set for your casual game or you are collector, this beautiful chess set will add pleasure to every game you play.
- Pieces are burnt followed by a hand carved design
- High gloss lacquer with a glass-like finish
- King Height: 3.875"
- King Base: 1.625"
- King Weight: 3 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 56 Ounces
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Billiard Cloth Pads
- Material: Walnut & Maple Veneer & Wood Materials
- Finish: Satin Polyurethane (soft sheen)
- Square Size: 2.125" (actual 55mm)
- Dimensions: 21.5" x 21.5" x .5"
- Imported from Spain, Rechapados Ferrer is the largest manufacturer and the most recognized name of high quality wood chess boards in the world.