This unique and attractive chess set includes our Cambridge Springs Antique Reproduction Chess Pieces with our Black and Ash Burl High Gloss Chess Board. Our Cambridge Springs Antique Reproduction Chess Set originates from the 1904 Cambridge Springs International Chess Congress; the first international chess tournament held in America in the twentieth century. These attractive and stout pieces, ideal for competitive chess, were every bit worthy of a such a prominent event. These are ebonized and aged boxwood pieces with a traditional polished lacquer finish. The king is 4" tall king with a 1.75" wide base and are heavily weighted for exceptional balance and stability on the chess board. The pieces have thick green baize pads for a soft feel on the chess board and we include two extra queens for pawn promotion.
Our Black and Ash Burl High Gloss Deluxe Chess Board is made for us by Rechapados Ferrer in Spain. This is an inlaid chess board made from black poplar and ash burl veneer and finished with a glass-like high gloss polyurethane that both enhances and protects the beauty of the wood. A pinstripe delimiter accentuates the squares and an extra-wide frame adds an elegant look to the board. The precision of the inlay work by the Rechapados Ferrer craftsmen is unmatched. The squares are 2.125" and the chess board measures 21.5" overall and has felt pads on the bottom. Whether you are a collector or looking for one special chess set, the nostalgia the Cambridge Springs invokes will add enjoyment to every game you play.
- Includes 34 Pieces with 2 Extra Queens for Pawn Promotion
- Ebonized & Aged Boxwood
- Traditional Polished Lacquer Finish
- King Height: 4
- King Base: 1.625"
- King Weight: 2 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 40 Ounces
- Green Baize Cloth Pads
- Black Stained Wood & Ash Burl Veneer & Wood Materials
- High Gloss Polyurethane (glass-like finish)
- Square Size: 2.125" (actual 55mm)
- Dimensions: 21.5" x 21.5" x .5"
- Imported from Spain, Rechapados Ferrer is the largest manufacturer and the most recognized name of high quality wood chess boards in the world.