This unique and attractive handcrafted chess set includes our Cambridge Springs Antique Reproduction Chess Pieces with our Walnut and Maple Molded Edge Chess Board. Our Cambridge Springs Antique Reproduction Chess Set originates from the 1904 Cambridge Springs International Chess Congress; the first international chess tournament held in America in the twentieth century. These attractive and stout pieces, ideal for competitive chess, were every bit worthy of a such a prominent event. These are ebonized and aged boxwood pieces with a traditional polished lacquer finish. The king is 4" tall king with a 1.75" wide base and are heavily weighted for exceptional balance and stability on the chess board. The pieces have thick green baize pads for a soft feel on the chess board and we include two extra queens for pawn promotion.
Our Walnut and Maple Molded Edge Chess Board from Rechapados Ferrer combines classic design with elegant features to create an eye-catching battle field for your chess game. This is an inlaid chess board handcrafted from high quality walnut and maple veneer and sealed with a polyurethane finish that both protects and enhances the beauty of the wood. A wide and colorful burl wood delimiter accentuates the playing field while the black stained molded edge highlights the entire board. The squares are 2.125” and the footprint of the board is 21.5” square. Four felt pads on the bottom will protect whatever furniture the board sets on.
- Includes 34 Pieces with 2 Extra Queens for Pawn Promotion
- Ebonized & Aged Boxwood
- Traditional Polished Lacquer Finish
- King Height: 4
- King Base: 1.625"
- King Weight: 2 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 40 Ounces
- Green Baize Cloth Pads
- Walnut & Maple Veneer & Wood Materials
- Matte Polyurethane Finish
- Black Stained Molded Edge
- Burl Wood Delimiter Around Square
- Square Size: 2.125"
- Dimensions: 21.5" x 21.5" x .5"
- Imported from Spain, Rechapados Ferrer is the largest manufacturer and the most recognized name of high quality wood chess boards in the world.