This is our Parker Staunton chess set with burnt boxwood pieces matched with the Queen's Gambit Chess Board. The Parker offers a traditional Staunton chess set with a unique design and finish. It has a classic style with handsome knights that have the look and feel of the older Jaques designs. To create the black, chess pieces are actually burnt followed by the final carving and design work which creates a beautiful contrast in colors between the blackened areas and the natural golden wood colors underneath. Chess pieces are then finished in high gloss lacquer giving the chess pieces a glass-like finish.
This is the exact same chess board as seen in the finale chess game of The Queen's Gambit Netflix series produced by Rechapados Ferrer for the series. This attractive board features black stained poplar for the dark squares and natural ash burl for light squares. A decorative black, red, and orange weave delimiter separates the squares from the frame and the board is sealed in a matte finish. The squares are 2" and the chess board measures 19.5" overall and has felt pads on the bottom. The history and origin of the chess board with the Parker burnt boxwood chess pieces will add a special interest and fund to every game you play.
- Material: Boxwood
- Finish: High Gloss Lacquer
- King Height: 3.75"
- King Base: 1.625"
- King Weight: 2.5 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 56 Ounces
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Billiard Cloth Pads
- Material: Black Stained Poplar & Ash Burl Veneer & Wood Materials
- Finish: Polyurethane Matte Finish
- Decorative Delimiter Separating Squares & Frame
- Square Size: 2"
- Dimensions: 19.5" x 19.5" x .5"
- Imported from Spain, Rechapados Ferrer is the largest manufacturer and the most recognized name of high quality wood chess boards in the world