This chess set package includes our Deluxe Old Club Staunton with ebonized and boxwood pieces matched with The Queen's Gambit Chess Board. Our Deluxe Old Club Staunton chess set is an ageless classic that for years has been a favorite with players for its distinguishable knight and traditional Staunton look. The Deluxe Old Club is often displayed on the front cover of chess books and has been used for plastic chess set models because of its popularity with club and tournament players. Our ebonized chess pieces are beautifully produced and look nearly identical to real ebony at less than half the price. Pieces are heavily weighted for stability while billiard cloth pads give the pieces a soft feel and easy to slide across the chess board. This is a tournament size chess set with a 3.75" tall king.
This is the exact same chess board as seen in the finale chess game of The Queen's Gambit Netflix series produced by Rechapados Ferrer for the series. This attractive board features black stained poplar for the dark squares and natural ash burl for light squares. A decorative black, red, and orange weave delimiter separates the squares from the frame and the board is sealed in a matte finish. The squares are 2" and the chess board measures 19.5" overall and has felt pads on the bottom. The history and origin of the chess board and the Deluxe Old Club chess pieces will add a special interest and fund to every game you play.
- Ebonized & Natural Boxwood
- King Height: 3.75"
- King Base: 1.625"
- King Weight: 3 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 50 Ounces
- Includes 2 extra queens for pawn promotion
- Green Baize Pads
- Material: Black Stained Poplar & Ash Burl Veneer & Wood Materials
- Finish: Polyurethane Matte Finish
- Decorative Delimiter Separating Squares & Frame
- Square Size: 2"
- Dimensions: 19.5" x 19.5" x .5"
- Imported from Spain, Rechapados Ferrer is the largest manufacturer and the most recognized name of high quality wood chess boards in the world