This chess set includes our German Knight Staunton with ebonized and natural boxwood pieces matched with The Queen's Gambit Chess Board. Simple is often best and our German Knight Staunton with its simple yet attractive design is the ideal set for your everyday chess game. Unencumbered by fine detail, these chess pieces will stand up to the rigor of daily play for a lifetime. The king is 3.75” tall with a base diameter of 1.5”, an excellent size for tournament play or the game at home. Pieces are heavily weighted for exceptional stability and have thick green baize pads on the bottom for a soft cushion and allow pieces to slide smoothly across the chess board.
This is the exact same chess board as seen in the finale chess game of The Queen's Gambit Netflix series produced by Rechapados Ferrer for the series. This attractive board features black stained poplar for the dark squares and natural ash burl for light squares. A decorative black, red, and orange weave delimiter separates the squares from the frame and the board is sealed in a matte finish. The squares are 2" and the chess board measures 19.5" overall and has felt pads on the bottom. The history and origin of the chess board and the German Knight chess pieces will add a special interest and fund to every game you play.
- Ebonized & Natural Boxwood
- Hand polished lacquer finish
- King Height: 3.75"
- King Base: 1.5"
- King Weight: 2 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 30 Ounces
- Includes 2 extra queens for pawn promotion
- Green Baize Pads
- Material: Black Stained Poplar & Ash Burl Veneer & Wood Materials
- Finish: Polyurethane Matte Finish
- Decorative Delimiter Separating Squares & Frame
- Square Size: 2"
- Dimensions: 19.5" x 19.5" x .5"
- Imported from Spain, Rechapados Ferrer is the largest manufacturer and the most recognized name of high quality wood chess boards in the world