This exquisite chess set includes our New Exclusive Staunton chess pieces in African padauk and boxwood matched with our Mission Craft Solid Padauk and Maple Chess Board. Our New Exclusive is purely traditional Staunton with a stature reminiscent of a fine Jaques set. The knights are hand carved with realistic features including ears, eyes, mouth, and nose. The pieces have a graceful profile with a wide and elegant base that creates a cohesive design from pawn to king. African padauk is one the most colorful woods in the world ranging in color from a burnt orange to burgundy and polishes to an amazing luster. This is a large set with a 4" king with a base diameter of 1.875". The pieces are triple weighted for exceptional stability on the chess board and have thick green baize pads for easily sliding from square to square and a soft feel when placing. We include 2 spare queens for pawn promotion and a certificate of authenticity so you will always know what the chess set is, where it came from, and when it was made.
Our African Padauk and Maple Mission Craft Solid Wood Chess Board is simplistically beautiful and profoundly designed. It's nothing less than a fine piece of handcrafted furniture and is the perfect surface for both playing and displaying your treasured chess set. Made from solid African padauk and maple, it has 2.25" squares and measures 21.9" x 21.9" x 1.4" tall. Ebony pieces look striking contrasted against the vibrant colors of the padauk and boxwood while padauk pieces are the perfect match. No other chess board made today compares in design and features built into this chess board. This chess board design is uniquely engineered to prevent warping which is a common problem with most solid wood chess boards. You will find no screws, plates, or other metal hardware on this chess board - it's all old-world woodworking genius. This heirloom quality chess set made from exotic woods is not only a good investment for these times but it will make every chess game all the more enjoyable and is sure to become one of your treasured possessions that will be handed down for generations.
- African Padauk & Boxwood
- Pieces individually hand polished with solid lacquer and buffing wheel
- King Height: 4"
- King Base: 1.875"
- King Weight: 3.2 oz.
- Chess Set Weight: 52 oz.
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Billiard Cloth Pads
- Material: Solid African Padauk & Maple
- Finish: Polyurethane Semi-gloss
- Square Size: 2.25"
- Overall Dimensions: 21.9" x 21.9" x 1.4" thick
- Weight: 15 lbs.
- Solid African Padauk and Maple - no veneer used.
- Laminated frame to prevent warping.
- Decorative corner dowels are used to strengthen mitered corners instead of screws and plates to maintain the old-world woodworking integrity.
- Decorative maple inlay surrounds the frame.
- Special interlocking design between board and frame to prevent warping.
- Exposed squares underneath.
- Special finish to protect and seal the wood on every exposed surface.
- Thick felt pads to protect the furniture you sit it on.
- Unique key-hole on back side of frame so the chess board can be hung on a wall.