This chess set includes our German Knight Staunton with ebonized and natural boxwood pieces matched with our Sycamore and Mahogany Classic Chess Board. Simple is often best and our German Knight Staunton with its simple yet attractive design is the ideal set for your everyday chess game. Unencumbered by fine detail, these chess pieces will stand up to the rigor of daily play for a lifetime. The king is 3.75” tall with a base diameter of 1.5”, an excellent size for tournament play or the game at home. Pieces are heavily weighted for exceptional stability and have thick green baize pads on the bottom for a soft cushion and allow pieces to slide smoothly across the chess board.
One of our best value chess boards from Rechapados Ferrer in Spain, this attractive chess board features mahogany dark squares and sycamore light squares and frame. A black delimiter separates the squares from the frame. This chess board has 2" squares and measures 17.5" overall and .5" thick. Made from the finest veneer available, the precise inlay work by the craftsmen of Rechapados Ferrer is simply unsurpassed! Together these popular chess pieces and board are a terrific choice for your chess game.
- Ebonized & Natural Boxwood
- Hand polished lacquer finish
- King Height: 3.75"
- King Base: 1.5"
- King Weight: 2 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 30 Ounces
- Includes 2 extra queens for pawn promotion
- Green Baize Pads
- Material: Mahogany & Sycamore Veneer & Wood Materials
- Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Square Size: 2"
- Dimensions: 17.5" x 17.5" x .5"
- Imported from Spain, Rechapados Ferrer is the largest manufacturer and the most recognized name of high quality wood chess boards in the world.