This handcrafted chess set includes our Fierce Knight Staunton with ebonized and natural boxwood pieces matched with The Queen's Gambit Chess Board. The Fierce Knight is a blend of contemporary and traditional Staunton design featuring knights that are carved with realistic features. The perked ears, eyes, mouth, and mane create a fierce looking countenance that gives this set its name. The ebonized pieces are polished to an obsidian black finish and has no visible grain. The king is 3.5" tall and has a base diameter of 1.625". The pieces are heavily weighted for exceptional stability on the chess board and have thick green baize pads for easily sliding from square to square and a soft feel when placing. We include 2 spare queens for pawn promotion and a certificate of authenticity so you will always know what the chess set is, where it came from, and when it was made.
This is the exact same chess board as seen in the finale chess game of The Queen's Gambit Netflix series produced by Rechapados Ferrer for the series. This attractive board features black stained poplar for the dark squares and natural ash burl for light squares. A decorative black, red, and orange weave delimiter separates the squares from the frame and the board is sealed in a matte finish. The squares are 2" and the chess board measures 19.5" overall and has felt pads on the bottom. The history and origin of the chess board and the Fierce Knight chess pieces will add a special interest and fund to every game you play.
- Ebonized & Natural Boxwood
- Pieces individually hand polished with solid lacquer and buffing wheel
- King Height: 3.5"
- King Base: 1.625
- King Weight: 2.3 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 44 Ounces
- Includes 2 extra queens for pawn promotion
- Green Baize Pads
- Material: Black Stained Poplar & Ash Burl Veneer & Wood Materials
- Finish: Polyurethane Matte Finish
- Decorative Delimiter Separating Squares & Frame
- Square Size: 2"
- Dimensions: 19.5" x 19.5" x .5"
- Imported from Spain, Rechapados Ferrer is the largest manufacturer and the most recognized name of high quality wood chess boards in the world