This chess set package includes our New Exclusive Staunton Chess Set with ebonized and natural boxwood pieces matched with The Queen's Gambit Chess Board. Our New Exclusive Staunton has a Jaques-esque design with all of the features avid chess players and collectors looks for in an upper-end Staunton chess set. The pieces have an elegant profile and the knight is beautifully sculpted with fine detail. The jet black ebonized and natural color of the boxwood chess pieces go perfect with the walnut and maple chess board. This is a large set with a 3.5" tall king and a base diameter of 1.625". The pieces are triple weighted for exceptional stability on the chess board and have thick green baize pads for easily sliding from square to square and a soft feel when placing down.
This is the exact same chess board as seen in the finale chess game of The Queen's Gambit Netflix series produced by Rechapados Ferrer for the series. This attractive board features black stained poplar for the dark squares and natural ash burl for light squares. A decorative black, red, and orange weave delimiter separates the squares from the frame and the board is sealed in a matte finish. The squares are 2" and the chess board measures 19.5" overall and has felt pads on the bottom. The history and origin of the chess board and the New Exclusive chess pieces will add a special interest and fund to every game you play.
- Ebonized Boxwood & Boxwood
- Pieces individually hand polished with solid lacquer and buffing wheel
- King Height: 3.5"
- King Base: 1.625"
- King Weight: 2 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 39 Ounces
- Includes 2 extra queens for pawn promotion
- Green Billiard Cloth Pads
- Material: Black Stained Poplar & Ash Burl Veneer & Wood Materials
- Finish: Polyurethane Matte Finish
- Decorative Delimiter Separating Squares & Frame
- Square Size: 2"
- Dimensions: 19.5" x 19.5" x .5"
- Imported from Spain, Rechapados Ferrer is the largest manufacturer and the most recognized name of high quality wood chess boards in the world