This chess set package includes our Zagreb Series with golden rosewood and boxwood matched with our Classic Walnut and Maple Chess Board. This design became prominent in the 1950’s when it was first used in the World Championship Candidates Match held in Zagreb in 1959. This unique and handsome Staunton design has since become a favorite for chess players around the world and one of our most popular chess sets. This is a medium size chess set with a 3.25" tall king while the chess board has 1.75" squares. Our Walnut and Maple Classic Chess Board is made with the finest veneers and sealed in semi-gloss polyurethane protective finish. The squares are 1.75" and the overall size of the board is 17" and .5 inch thick. A wide black inlay border accentuates the playing area and the bottom of the board has pads to protect whatever surface it sets on.
- Golden Rosewood & Boxwood
- Pieces individually hand polished with solid lacquer and buffing wheel
- King Height: 3.25"
- King Weight: 1.8 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 32 oz.
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Baize Pads
- Material: Walnut & Maple *Veneers over Wood Composite
- Finish: Satin Polyurethane (soft sheen)
- Square Size: 1.75"
- Dimensions: 17" x 17" x .5"