This is our Dubrovnik Championship Series chess set with African padauk and boxwood pieces matched with our exclusive Mission Craft Chess Board. This wonderful chess set is an exact replica of the one used in 1970s-era Dubrovnik Chess Olympiad in Siegen, West Germany. This wonderful Staunton pattern was made popular by the legendary Bobby Fischer, who was often photographed playing with his own set. This is a full tournament-sized set that features a 3.9" King with a 1.625" diameter base. The Chess pieces are hand carved by our master artisans and crafted out of the highest quality African padauk and boxwood. The chess pieces are heavily weighted have thick green baize pads for a soft feel on chess board. The unique design, quality and craftsmanship of this chess set is simply unmatched. Whether you are looking for superior set for your casual game you are collector of fined chess sets, our Dubrovnik Championship Series chessmen are a must have.
Our African Padauk and Maple Mission Craft Solid Wood Chess Board is simplistically beautiful and profoundly designed. It's nothing less than a fine piece of handcrafted furniture and is the perfect surface for both playing and displaying your treasured chess set. Made from solid African padauk and maple, it has 2.25" squares and measures 21.9" x 21.9" x 1.4" tall. Ebony pieces look striking contrasted against the vibrant colors of the padauk and boxwood while padauk pieces are the perfect match. No other chess board made today compares in design and features built into this chess board. This chess board design is uniquely engineered to prevent warping which is a common problem with most solid wood chess boards. You will find no screws, plates, or other metal hardware on this chess board - it's all old-world woodworking genius. This heirloom quality chess set made from exotic woods is not only a good investment for these times but it will make every chess game all the more enjoyable and is sure to become one of your treasured possessions that will be handed down for generations.
- African Padauk & Boxwood
- King Height: 3.9"
- King Base: 1.625"
- King Weight: 3 oz.
- Chess Set Weight: 56 oz.
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Baize Pads
- Material: Solid African Padauk & Maple
- Finish: Polyurethane Semi-gloss
- Square Size: 2.25"
- Overall Dimensions: 21.9" x 21.9" x 1.4" thick
- Weight: 15 lbs.
- Solid African Padauk and Maple - no veneer used.
- Laminated frame to prevent warping.
- Decorative corner dowels are used to strengthen mitered corners instead of screws and plates to maintain the old-world woodworking integrity.
- Decorative maple inlay surrounds the frame.
- Special interlocking design between board and frame to prevent warping.
- Exposed squares underneath.
- Special finish to protect and seal the wood on every exposed surface.
- Thick felt pads to protect the furniture you sit it on.
- Unique key-hole on back side of frame so the chess board can be hung on a wall.