The Craftsman Series chess pieces have become a popular model for players and collectors alike for its notable use in a number of prestigious chess tournaments in the U.S. including the 2021 Sinquefield Cup in Saint Louis. Handcrafted by our skilled artisans, this elegant Staunton chess set features a beautifully sculpted knight with fine detail and a unique mane that is far different from other knights. The other pieces have traditional Staunton shapes and an elegant profile that together creates a cohesive design from pawn to king. These are African padauk and boxwood pieces with a high gloss lacquer finish. The king is 3.75” tall with a base diameter of 1.6”. The pieces are heavily weighted for exceptional balance and stability on the chess board and have green billiard cloth pads for a quiet soft cushion. We include two extra queens for pawn promotion. Whether you are collector or looking for just one special chess set, the Craftsman blends beauty and functionality for display and play.
Chess Set Specifications & Features:
- Includes 34 Pieces with 2 Extra Queens for Pawn Promotion (Does Not Include Chess Board)
- African Padauk & Boxwood
- High Gloss Lacquer Finish
- King Height: 3.75"
- King Base: 1.625"
- King Weight: 3.2 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 56 Ounces
- Green Billiard Cloth Pads
- Includes a certificate of authenticity so you will always know the name of the set, where it came from, the year it was made, and the type of woods
- Recommended Chess Board Size: 2.125" - 2.25" Squares