This chess set includes our Craftsman Series chess pieces matched with our Mission Craft Padauk and Maple Chess Board. This set has become a popular model for players and collectors alike for its notable use in a number of prestigious chess tournaments in the U.S. including the 2021 Sinquefield Cup in Saint Louis. Handcrafted by our skilled artisans, this elegant Staunton chess set features a beautifully sculpted knight with fine detail and a unique mane that is far different from other knights. The other pieces have traditional Staunton shapes and an elegant profile that together creates a cohesive design from pawn to king. These are African padauk and boxwood pieces with a high gloss lacquer finish. The king is 3.75” tall with a base diameter of 1.6”. The pieces are heavily weighted for exceptional balance and stability on the chess board and have green billiard cloth pads for a quiet soft cushion. We include two extra queens for pawn promotion.
Made in America, our African Padauk and Maple Mission Craft Solid Wood Chess Board is simplistically beautiful and profoundly designed. It's nothing less than a fine piece of handcrafted furniture and is the perfect surface for both playing and displaying your treasured chess set. Our Mission Craft Series solid wood chess boards are made for us by a local craftsman extraordinaire and are simply the best solid wood chess boards in the world. No other chess board made today compares in design and features built into this chess board. You will find no screws, plates, or other metal hardware on this chess board - it's all old-world woodworking genius. Whether you are collector or looking for just one special chess set, the Craftsman pieces together with this chess board blends beauty and functionality for display and play.
- Includes 34 Pieces with 2 Extra Queens for Pawn Promotion
- African Padauk & Boxwood
- High Gloss Lacquer Finish
- King Height: 3.75"
- King Base: 1.625"
- King Weight: 3.2 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 56 Ounces
- Green Billiard Cloth Pads
- Includes a certificate of authenticity so you will always know the name of the set, where it came from, the year it was made, and the type of woods
- Recommended Chess Board Size: 2.125" - 2.25" Squares
- Solid African Padauk and Maple - no veneer used
- Polyurethane Semi-gloss Finish
- Square Size: 2.25"
- Overall Dimensions: 21.875" x 21.875" x 1.375" thick
- Weight: 12 Pounds
- Laminated frame to prevent warping
- Decorative corner dowels are used to strengthen mitered corners instead of screws and plates to maintain the old-world woodworking integrity
- Decorative maple inlay surrounds the frame
- Special interlocking design between board and frame to prevent warping
- Exposed squares underneath
- Special finish to protect and seal the wood on every exposed surface
- Thick felt pads to protect the furniture you sit it on
- Unique key-hole on back side of frame so the chess board can be hung on a wall