This chess set package includes our Old English Classic Staunton chess set with African padauk and boxwood pieces matched with our Elm Burl and Erable Chess Board. Our Old English Classic is the epitome of a traditional Staunton chess set in every respect. This classic design captures the key elements of old Jaques patterns from back in the 1800s, from king to pawn. These are genuine ebony and boxwood pieces with a traditional polished lacquer finish. The king is 3.9” tall and has a 1.7” diameter base. The pieces are heavily weighted for exceptional balance and stability on the chess board. Green billiard cloth pads on the bottom allow the pieces to easily slide across the chess board and have a quiet and soft feel when sitting down. We include two extra queens for pawn promotion and a certificate of authenticity so you will always know what the chess set is and where it came from. The Old English Classic will add a touch of nostalgia to the chess games you play.
Our Elm Burl and Erable Chess Board is made for us by Italfama in Italy, the leading chess manufacturer in Europe. Elm burl is one of the most beautiful burl woods in the world with a wide range of brown-orange colors and unique burl wood patterns. The erable is whitened bird's-eye maple and looks and creates a striking contrast with the rich colors of the elm burl. This is an inlaid chess board made from the finest quality elm burl and erable veneer and sealed with a matte polyurethane finish to protect and enhance the beauty of the wood. The precise inlay work by the craftsmen is remarkable. The chess board has 2.125" squares accentuated by a black inlay delimiter and surrounded by an extra wide frame. The overall size of the board is 21.75" and is .625" thick.
- Includes 34 Pieces with 2 Extra Queens for Pawn Promotion
- African Padauk & Boxwood Pieces
- Traditional Polished Lacquer Finish
- King Height: 3.9"
- King Base: 1.7"
- King Weight: 3 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 52 Ounces
- Green Baize Pads
- Includes certificate of authenticity so you will always know the chess set is, where it came from, the year it was made and where it came from
- Elm Burl & Erable (Whitened Bird's-Eye Maple) Veneer over Wood Composites
- Matte Polyurethane Finish
- Black Inlay Delimiter Around Squares
- Square Size: 2.125"
- Overall Dimensions: 21.75" x .625" Thick
- Made for The Chess Store by Italfama