This exquisite chess set includes our New Exclusive Staunton chess pieces in genuine ebony and boxwood matched with our Mission Craft Solid South American Walnut and Maple Chess Board. Our New Exclusive is purely traditional Staunton with a stature reminiscent of a fine Jaques set. The knights are hand carved with realistic features including ears, eyes, mouth, and nose. The pieces have a graceful profile with a wide and elegant base that creates a cohesive design from pawn to king. The ebony is polished to a beautiful obsidian black luster while the boxwood pieces are polished to the perfect light amber color of a fine Staunton wood set. This is a large set with a 4" king with a base diameter of 1.8". The pieces are triple weighted for exceptional stability on the chess board and have thick green baize pads for easily sliding from square to square and a soft feel when placing. We include 2 spare queens for pawn promotion and a certificate of authenticity so you will always know what the chess set is, where it came from, and when it was made.
Made in America, our South American Walnut and Maple Mission Craft Solid Wood Chess Board is simplistically beautiful and profoundly designed. It's nothing less than a fine piece of handcrafted furniture and is the perfect surface for both playing and displaying your treasured chess set. Made from solid South American Walnut and maple, it has 2.25" squares and measures 21.9" x 21.9" x 1.4" tall. Our Mission Craft Series solid wood chess boards are made for us by a local craftsman extraordinaire and are simply the best solid wood chess boards in the world. No other chess board made today compares in design and features built into this chess board. They are uniquely engineered to prevent warping which is a common problem with most solid wood chess boards. You will find no screws, plates, or other metal hardware on this chess board - it's all old-world woodworking genius. Together, the pieces and board create an eye-catching display of chess.
- Ebony & Boxwood
- Pieces individually hand polished with solid lacquer and buffing wheel
- King Height: 4"
- King Base: 1.875"
- King Weight: 3.2 oz.
- Chess Set Weight: 52 oz.
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Billiard Cloth Pads
- Material: Solid South American Walnut & Maple
- Finish: Polyurethane Semi-gloss
- Square Size: 2.25"
- Overall Dimensions: 21.9" x 21.9" x 1.4" thick
- Weight: 15 lbs.
- Laminated frame to prevent warping.
- Decorative corner dowels are used to strengthen mitered corners instead of screws and plates to maintain the old-world woodworking integrity.
- Decorative maple inlay surrounds the frame.
- Special interlocking design between board and frame to prevent warping.
- Exposed squares underneath.
- Special finish to protect and seal the wood on every exposed surface.
- Thick felt pads to protect the furniture you sit it on.
- Unique key-hole on back side of frame so the chess board can be hung on a wall.