This chess set package includes our New Exclusive Staunton Chess Set with ebonized and natural boxwood pieces matched with our Olive Wood and Black Deluxe Chess Board. Our New Exclusive Staunton has a Jaques-esque design with all of the features avid chess players and collectors looks for in an upper-end Staunton chess set. The pieces have an elegant profile and the knight is beautifully sculpted with fine detail. The jet black ebonized and natural color of the boxwood chess pieces go perfect with the walnut and maple chess board. This is a large set with a 3.5" tall king and a base diameter of 1.625". The pieces are triple weighted for exceptional stability on the chess board and have thick green baize pads for easily sliding from square to square and a soft feel when placing down.
The rich honey-orange color of our Deluxe Olive Wood and Black Poplar chess board makes a wonderful backdrop against the black ebonized and cream-colored boxwood pieces. This is an inlaid chess board made from the finest veneers and sealed with matte polyurethane finish to protect the wood. The precision of the inlay work is remarkable. The chess board has 2" squares accentuated by an elegant triple inlay delimiter and surrounded by an extra wide frame. The overall size of the board is 19.5" and is .5" thick. Whether a collector or you are looking for one special chess set to display in your home, the New Exclusive will enhance every game you play.
- Ebonized Boxwood & Boxwood
- Pieces individually hand polished with solid lacquer and buffing wheel
- King Height: 3.5"
- King Base: 1.625"
- King Weight: 2 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 39 Ounces
- Includes 2 extra queens for pawn promotion
- Green Billiard Cloth Pads
- Material: Olive Wood and Black Poplar Veneer over Wood Composites
- Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Triple Inlay Delimiter Around Squares
- Square Size: 2"
- Overall Dimensions: 19.5" x .5" Thick
- Made for The Chess Store by Rechapados Ferrer in Spain