Picture this handsome chess set with Staunton wood chess pieces and a beautiful walnut chess case sitting in your living room or office ready for a game of chess. If you are looking for an outstanding value, high quality wood chess set our German Knight Staunton in golden rosewood and boxwood matched with this beautiful walnut chess case is it. Simple is often best and our German Knight with its simple and attractive design is the ideal set for your everyday chess game. Unencumbered by fine detail, these chess pieces will stand up to the rigor of regular play year after year.
This chess set features a walnut chess case that has two drawers with individual compartments for storing all 32 chess pieces separately. These are tournament size pieces with a 3.75” tall king and a base diameter 1.375”. Pieces have thick green baize pads for a soft feel on the chess board and are nicely weighted for stability. The golden rosewood has rich golden-brown colors and a beautiful grain while the cream colored natural boxwood is the perfect wood for the white chess pieces. The pieces are individually hand polished and lacquered to a beautiful shine. More chess games have been played with a German Knight than any other chess set in the world and it continues to be our number one selling chess set.
- Golden Rosewood & Boxwood
- Pieces individually hand polished with solid lacquer and buffing wheel
- King Height: 3.75"
- King Base: 1.375"
- King Weight: 2.5 oz.
- Chess Set Weight: 40 oz.
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Baize Pads
- Solid Wood, Walnut & Maple Veneers
- Elegant inlay border around perimeter of case
- Finish: Satin Polyurethane (soft sheen
- Square Size: 2"
- Overall Case Dimensions: 19" x 19" x 3.25"
- 2 Drawers (1 on each players side)
- Inside Drawer Dimensions: 11" x 8" x 1.75"
- Drawers lined with a soft velour material