This chess set package includes our Fischer-Spassky Commemorative Chess Set with genuine ebony and boxwood pieces matched with the Queen's Gambit Chess Board. Our Fischer-Spassky Series Commemorative Chess Set is a reproduction of the chess set used by the legendary American Grandmaster Bobby Fischer when he won the 1972 World Chess Championship against the reigning World Champion Grandmaster Boris Spassky in Reykjavik, Iceland. The simple and handsome design along with the history behind it has proven a favorite for generations of chess players. The pieces are beautifully beautifully designed with traditional Staunton shapes and simple detail that will withstand the wear and tear of regular use. This set features a 3.75” tall king with a base of 1.625”, an ideal set for tournament play and casual games at home with family and friends. Pieces have green billiard cloth pads for a soft landing on the chess board and are nicely weighted for stability on the chess board. We include 2 extra queens for pawn promotion.
This is the exact same chess board as seen in the finale chess game of The Queen's Gambit Netflix series produced by Rechapados Ferrer for the series. This attractive board features black stained poplar for the dark squares and natural ash burl for light squares. A decorative black, red, and orange weave delimiter separates the squares from the frame and the board is sealed in a matte finish. The squares are 2.125" and the chess board measures 21.5" overall and has felt pads on the bottom. The history and origin of the chess board with Fischer-Spassky chess pieces will add a special interest and fund to every game you play.
- Ebony & Boxwood
- Pieces individually hand polished with solid lacquer and buffing wheel
- King Height: 3.75"
- King Base: 1.625"
- King Weight: 3 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 48 Ounces
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Baize Cloth Pads
- Material: Black Stained Poplar & Ash Burl Veneer & Wood Materials
- Finish: Polyurethane Matte Finish
- Decorative Delimiter Separating Squares & Frame
- Square Size: 2.125"
- Dimensions: 21.5" x 21.5" x .5"
- Imported from Spain, Rechapados Ferrer is the largest manufacturer and the most recognized name of high quality wood chess boards in the world