This chess set package includes our Fischer-Spassky Commemorative Chess Set with genuine ebony and boxwood pieces matched with our Tiger Ebony and Maple Deluxe Chess Board and Classic Walnut Chess Box. Our Fischer-Spassky Series Commemorative Chess Set is a reproduction of the chess set used by the legendary American Grandmaster Bobby Fischer when he won the 1972 World Chess Championship against the reigning World Champion Grandmaster Boris Spassky in Reykjavik, Iceland. The simple and handsome design along with the history behind it has proven a favorite for generations of chess players. The pieces are beautifully beautifully designed with traditional Staunton shapes and simple detail that will withstand the wear and tear of regular use. This set features a 3.75” tall king with a base of 1.625”, an ideal set for tournament play and casual games at home with family and friends. Pieces have green billiard cloth pads for a soft landing on the chess board and are nicely weighted for stability on the chess board. We include 2 extra queens for pawn promotion.
Our Tiger Ebony and Maple Deluxe Chess Board is made for us by Rechapados Ferrer and is a favorite for matching with ebony or ebonized chess pieces. This chess board features striped ebony, also known as tiger ebony which has irregular black and brown stripes similar to that of a tiger. This makes a spectacular back drop for both black and brown color chess pieces like golden rosewood. A triple inlay (white-black-white) pinstripe around the playing area along with an extra wide frame gives the chess board an elegant look. The chess board is sealed in a polyurethane finish that both protects and enhances the natural beauty of the wood. Made from the finest veneer available, the precise inlay work by the craftsmen of Rechapados Ferrer is simply unsurpassed. The overall size of the board is 21.5" and is .5" thick. The color of the walnut chess box goes beautifully with the brown stripes of the chess board and much like the old heirloom quality chess boxes from many years ago. The box is covered in walnut veneer and the interior is lined with a thick green baize just like we use for the pads on our chess pieces. The box has a divider in the center for storing the black and white pieces separately. We used high quality recessed hinges and a brass plated lock for securing the lid. We include 2 keys in case one ever gets lost. This history behind this special chess set will make every game you play more interesting and fun.
- Ebony & Boxwood
- Pieces individually hand polished with solid lacquer and buffing wheel
- King Height: 3.75"
- King Base: 1.625"
- King Weight: 3 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 48 Ounces
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Baize Cloth Pads
- Material: Tiger Ebony & Maple Veneer & Wood Materials
- Finish: Satin Polyurethane (soft sheen)
- Square Size: 2.125" (actual 55mm)
- Dimensions: 21.75" x 21.75" x .625"
- Imported from Spain, Rechapados Ferrer is the largest manufacturer and the most recognized name of high quality wood chess boards in the world.
- Material: Walnut Veneers & Other Wood
- Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Outside Dimensions: 8.25" x 5.625" x 3.75"
- Inside Dimension: 7.25" x 4.5" x 2.5" (.75" space above in lid)
- High Quality Hinges and Lock - Comes with 2 Keys