This package includes our Fierce Knight Staunton Chess Set with African padauk and boxwood pieces matched with our beautiful Mission Craft African Padauk and Maple Chess Board. This eye-catching chess set in African padauk and boxwood is colorful and elegant. The Fierce Knight has everything you want in a fine Staunton wood chess set. The knight features intricately carved detail and a countenance that gives it the character for which it was named. The eyes, perked ears, mouth, flared nostrils, and jawline blend together to create a unique and magnificent piece. The other pieces have a graceful profile and features that come together to create an overall cohesive design. The king is 4" tall with a 1.75" wide base and features a traditional formee cross. The pieces are triple-weighted to produce a low-center of gravity and exceptional stability on the chess board. The pieces are padded with thick green baize for a nice cushion when picking up and moving or sliding across the chess board. The pieces are individually hand polished to beautiful luster.
Our African Padauk and Maple Mission Craft Solid Wood Chess Board is simplistically beautiful and profoundly designed. It's nothing less than a fine piece of handcrafted furniture and is the perfect surface for both playing and displaying your treasured chess set. Made from solid African padauk and maple, it has 2.25" squares and measures 21.9" x 21.9" x 1.4" tall. Ebony pieces look striking contrasted against the vibrant colors of the padauk and boxwood while padauk pieces are the perfect match. No other chess board made today compares in design and features built into this chess board. This chess board design is uniquely engineered to prevent warping which is a common problem with most solid wood chess boards. You will find no screws, plates, or other metal hardware on this chess board - it's all old-world woodworking genius. This heirloom quality chess set made from exotic woods is not only a good investment for these times but it will make every chess game all the more enjoyable and is sure to become one of your treasured possessions that will be handed down for generations.
Save $100.98 Compare to Buying Pieces & Board Separately!
- African Padauk & Boxwood
- King Height: 4"
- King Base: 1.75"
- King Weight: 3.6 oz.
- Chess Set Weight: 76 oz.
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Baize Pads
- Material: Solid African Padauk & Maple
- Finish: Polyurethane Semi-gloss
- Square Size: 2.25"
- Overall Dimensions: 21.9" x 21.9" x 1.4" thick
- Weight: 15 lbs.
- Solid African Padauk and Maple - no veneer used.
- Laminated frame to prevent warping.
- Decorative corner dowels are used to strengthen mitered corners instead of screws and plates to maintain the old-world woodworking integrity.
- Decorative maple inlay surrounds the frame.
- Special interlocking design between board and frame to prevent warping.
- Exposed squares underneath.
- Special finish to protect and seal the wood on every exposed surface.
- Thick felt pads to protect the furniture you sit it on.
- Unique key-hole on back side of frame so the chess board can be hung on a wall.