This package includes our Deluxe Old Club Staunton Chess Set in African Padauk and Boxwood matched with our exclusive Mission Craft Padauk and Maple Molded Chess Board. This eye-catching chess set in colorful African padauk and boxwood is exquisite. Our Deluxe Old Club Staunton chess set is a favorite and a design that nearly every chess player is familiar with. It's commonly used for the art on chess book covers and is one of the most popular chess sets for tournament play. The knight has a simple form with only basic detail yet with a handsome look that players and collectors love. The other pieces have graceful curves and shapes that you expect to see on an old Staunton design. The king is 3.75" tall with a 1.625" wide base and features a traditional formee cross. The pieces are triple-weighted to produce a low-center of gravity and exceptional stability on the chess board. The pieces are padded with thick green baize for a nice cushion when picking up and moving or sliding across the chess board. The pieces are individually hand polished to beautiful luster.
Made in America, our African Padauk and Maple Mission Craft Solid Wood Chess Board is simplistically beautiful and profoundly designed. It's nothing less than a fine piece of handcrafted furniture and is the perfect surface for both playing and displaying your treasured chess set. Made from solid African padauk and maple, it has 2.25" squares and measures 21.875" x 21.875" x 1.375" tall. Our Mission Craft Series solid wood chess boards are made for us by a local craftsman extraordinaire and are simply the best solid wood chess boards in the world. No other chess board made today compares in design and features built into this chess board. They are uniquely engineered to prevent warping which is a common problem with most solid wood chess boards. You will find no screws, plates, or other metal hardware on this chess board - it's all old-world woodworking genius.
- Padauk & Boxwood
- King Height: 3.75"
- King Base: 1.625"
- King Weight: 2.5 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 56 Ounces
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Billiard Cloth Pads
- Solid African Padauk and Maple - no veneer used.
- Laminated frame to prevent warping.
- Decorative corner dowels are used to strengthen mitered corners instead of screws and plates to maintain the old-world woodworking integrity.
- Decorative maple inlay surrounds the frame.
- Special interlocking design between board and frame to prevent warping.
- Exposed squares underneath.
- Special finish to protect and seal the wood on every exposed surface.
- Thick felt pads to protect the furniture you sit it on.
- Unique key-hole on back side of frame so the chess board can be hung on a wall.