This elegant chess set includes our burnt boxwood version of our Dubrovnik Championship Series chess set matched with our Black and Ash Burl Chess Board, and Classic Black Chess Box. This wonderful chess set is an exact replica of the one used in 1970s-era Dubrovnik Chess Olympiad in Siegen, West Germany. This wonderful Staunton pattern was made popular by the legendary Bobby Fischer, who was often photographed playing with his own set. Pieces are made from boxwood that is burnt and then a hand carved design is added to each piece creating a unique and distinguishable pattern. This is a tournament-sized set that features a 3.875" King with a 1.625" diameter base. The chess pieces are heavily weighted have thick green baize pads for a soft feel on chess board. The unique design, quality and craftsmanship of this chess set is simply unmatched.
Our Black and Ash Burl High Gloss Deluxe Chess Board goes perfect with our burnt boxwood chess pieces. Imported from Spain, this is an inlaid chess board made for us by Rechapados Ferrer. The black and golden color of the natural ash burl are enhanced by the high gloss, glass-like finish creating an elegant backdrop for the burnt and boxwood chess pieces. A pinstripe delimiter around the squares and an extra-wide frame adds an elegant look to the board. The squares are 2.125" with the chess board measuring 21.5" x 21.5”.
Our Classic Black Chess Pieces Box is a great option for storing your treasured wood chess pieces. This luxurious chess box has an old world-charm with its lock and key for securing the lid and an emerald green baize interior with a divider in the center for separating the two colors. This is a jet black piano lacquer finish with a high-gloss, glass like appearance. This is the perfect box for ebony or ebonized pieces and especially our high-gloss black and natural boxwood pieces. High quality brass plated hinges and lock add to the attractiveness of this box. The bottom of the box is covered in with black felt to protect furniture where it might sit.
Save $30.97 Compared to Buying Pieces, Board & Box Separately!
- Pieces are burnt followed by a hand carved design
- High gloss lacquer with a glass-like finish
- King Height: 3.875"
- King Base: 1.625"
- King Weight: 3 oz.
- Chess Set Weight: 56 oz.
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Billiard Cloth Pads
- Black & Ash Burl Veneer over MDF
- High Gloss Polyurethane Finish with a Glass-Like Finish
- Triple Layer Pinstripe Delimiter around Squares
- Extra-Wide Frame
- Square Size: 2.125”
- Chess Board Size: 21.5” x 21.5” x .5”
- Felt Pads on the Bottom
- Made in Spain by Rechapados Ferrer
- Material: Black Stained Wood & Other Wood Composite
- Finish: High Gloss Piano Lacquer
- Outside Dimensions: 9.75" x 6.625" x 4.25"
- Inside Dimension: 8.75" x 5.625" x 3.25" (.75" space above in lid)
- Does not include the chess pieces in the photo