This chess set includes our Deluxe Old Club Staunton with genuine ebony and boxwood pieces matched with our Black and Ash Burl High Gloss Deluxe Chess Board. Our Deluxe Old Club is an ageless classic that for years has been a favorite with players for its distinguished knight and traditional Staunton design. Often referred to as the Reykjavik, the Deluxe Old Club is well recognized having been used on countless chess book covers and other chess art. This is a tournament size set with a 3.75" tall king. The pieces are heavily weighted for exceptional balance and stability while thick green billiard cloth pads allow the pieces to slide smoothly across the chess board. We include 2 extra queens for pawn promotion.
Our Black and Ash Burl High Gloss Deluxe Chess Board is perfect for ebony and boxwood chess pieces. Imported from Spain, this is an inlaid chess board made for us by Rechapados Ferrer. The black and golden color of the natural ash burl are enhanced by the high gloss, glass-like finish creating an elegant backdrop for the ebony and boxwood chess pieces. A pinstripe delimiter around the squares and an extra-wide frame adds an elegant look to the board. The squares are 2.125" with the chess board measuring 21.5" x 21.5”.
- Ebony & Boxwood
- Traditional Polished Lacquer Finish
- Triple Weighted
- King Height: 3.75”
- King Base: 1.625”
- King Weight: 3 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 56 Ounces
- Green Billiard Cloth Pads
- Includes 2 Extra Queen’s for Pawn Promotion
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity showing the chess set model, wood, size, and date so you will always know where it came from.
- Black & Ash Burl Veneer over MDF
- High Gloss Polyurethane Finish with a Glass-Like Finish
- Triple Layer Pinstripe Delimiter around Squares
- Extra-Wide Frame
- Square Size: 2.125”
- Chess Board Size: 21.5” x 21.5” x .5”
- Felt Pads on the Bottom
- Made in Spain by Rechapados Ferrer