This chess set package includes our Deluxe Old Club Staunton Chess Set in ebonized boxwood and boxwood matched with our Black and Ash Burl High Gloss Chess Board. Our Deluxe Old Club is an ageless classic that for years has been a favorite with players for its distinguished knight and traditional Staunton design. Often referred to as the Reykjavik, the Deluxe Old Club is well recognized and has been used on countless chess book covers and other chess art. Handcrafted by our highly skilled artisans, pieces are made from ebonized and natural boxwood. The ebonized pieces are jet black and polished to a glossy obsidian finish while the boxwood has the perfect light beige-amber color. This is the perfect tournament size set with a 3.75" tall king. The pieces are heavily weighted for exceptional balance and stability while thick green baize pads allow the pieces to slide smoothly across the chess board. We include 2 extra queens for pawn promotion.
Our Black and Ash Burl Deluxe chess board is a favorite for matching with ebony and boxwood chess sets. The black and golden color of the natural ash burl wood creates a striking backdrop with its high gloss glass-like finish. A pinstripe around the playing area along with an extra wide frame adds elegance to an already spectacular chess board. This is an inlaid chess board made for us by Rechapados Ferrer in Spain and the quality of the craftsmanship is unsurpassed. The squares are 2.125" with the chess board measuring 21.5" overall and .5" thick.
- Ebonized Boxwood & Boxwood
- Pieces individually hand polished with solid lacquer and buffing wheel
- King Height: 3.75"
- King Base: 1.625"
- King Weight: 2.5 oz.
- Chess Set Weight: 56 oz.
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Billiard Cloth Pads
- Material: Black Stained Wood & Ash Burl Veneer & Wood Materials
- Finish: High Gloss Polyurethane (glass-like finish)
- Square Size: 2.125" (actual 55mm)
- Dimensions: 21.5" x 21.5" x .5"
- Imported from Spain, Rechapados Ferrer is the largest manufacturer and the most recognized name of high quality wood chess boards in the world.