This elegant chess set includes our Chetak in ebony and boxwood matched with our Walnut and Maple Molded Edge chess board. This elegant chess set is named after Maharana Pratap's famous Arabian stallion for which he rode during the famous battle of Haldighati. Chetak was killed during the battle and was immortalized forever in the legend of the battle. The knight is beautifully carved with realistic features and detail that only the most skilled carvers in the world can accurately carve and replicate from piece to piece. All of the pieces are beautifully shaped with a unique and elegant profile that creates a coherent pattern from pawn to king. The lathe work is simply extraordinary. This set is made from genuine ebony and boxwood and the pieces are heavily weighted for for exceptional stability on the chess board. The Chetak is a large set with a king that is 4.25" tall and a base of 1.875". The pieces have thick green baize pads so you can slide your pieces across the board or sit down softly.
This beautiful Walnut and Maple Molded Edge chess board is made for us by Rechapados Ferrer in Spain, the preeminent wood chess board manufacturer in the world. The craftsmanship and quality of the inlay work is unsurpassed. The black molded edge accentuates the rich brown colors of the walnut and a colorful brier wood inlay delineates the squares. The squares are 2.375" and the chess board measures 23.5" overall and is .625" thick. An excellent chess board for the backdrop of these beautiful jet black ebony and boxwood pieces.
- Genuine Ebony & Boxwood
- Pieces individually hand polished with solid lacquer and buffing wheel
- King Height: 4.25"
- King Base: 1.875"
- King Weight: 4.2 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 81 Ounces
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Baize Cloth Pads
- Recommended Chess Board Size: 2.375" - 2.5" Squares (chessboard is not included)
- Material: Walnut & Maple Veneer & Wood Materials
- Finish: Satin Polyurethane (soft sheen)
- Square Size: 2.375" (actual 60 mm)
- Dimensions: 23.5" x 23.5" x .5"
- Imported from Spain, Rechapados Ferrer is the largest manufacturer and the most recognized name of high quality wood chess boards in the world.