Picture this beautiful Staunton wood chess set sitting atop your chess board ready for a game or just adding to the décor of your living room. Our British Staunton was inspired by the old British Chess Company design from many years ago. This chess set features a 4” tall king with a base diameter of 1.625”, an ideal size for tournament play or casual chess games at home. Pieces have thick green baize pads for a soft feel on the chess board and are nicely weighted for stability. The ebonized boxwood is jet black while the cream colored natural boxwood is the perfect wood for the white chess pieces. The pieces are individually hand polished and lacquered to a beautiful shine. This old-world, heirloom quality chess set is a favorite with players and collectors alike with its traditional Staunton design.
- Includes 34 Pieces with 2 Extra Queens (Does Not Include Chess Board)
- Ebonized Boxwood & Boxwood
- Pieces individually hand polished with solid lacquer and buffing wheel
- King Height: 4"
- King Base: 1.625"
- King Weight: 2.8 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 52 Ounces
- Green Baize Pads
- Recommended Chess Board Size: 2.125" - 2.25" Squares