This special handcrafted chess set includes the Queen's Gambit Final Game Chess Pieces matched with our Walnut and Maple Deluxe Chess Board. Inspired by the Netflix series, The Queen's Gambit, these are the same pieces used in the final game in which Beth beat Vasily Borgov in the 1968 Moscow Invitational Chess Tournament (watch the YouTube video clip above). The pieces are an old Latvian model from the Soviet era, and we have carefully reproduced each piece. These are ebonized and natural boxwood pieces with a semi-gloss lacquer finish for a rich luster. The king is four inches tall with a base diameter of 1.625” and are heavily weighted for exceptional stability on the chess board. We include two extra queens for pawn promotion and a certificate of authenticity so you will always know what the set is, where it came from, the type of wood and when it was made.
Our Walnut and Maple Deluxe Chess Board is made for us by Rechapados Ferrer in Spain, the leading chess board manufacturer in the world. This is an inlaid chess board made from the finest quality walnut and maple veneer and sealed with a semi-gloss polyurethane finish to protect and enhance the beauty of the wood. The precise inlay work by the craftsmen is remarkable. The chess board has 2.125" squares accentuated by an elegant triple inlay delimiter and surrounded by an extra wide frame. The overall size of the board is 21.5" and is .5" thick.
- Includes 34 Pieces with 2 Extra Queens for Pawn Promotion
- Ebonized & Natural Boxwood
- Semi-gloss Lacquer Finish
- King Height: 4"
- King Base: 1.625"
- King Weight: 2.5 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 40 Ounces
- Green Baize Pads (please note the photo shows red)
- Walnut & Maple Veneer over Wood Composites
- Matte Polyurethane Finish
- Triple Inlay Delimiter Around Squares
- Square Size: 2.125"
- Overall Dimensions: 21.5" x .5" Thick
- Made for The Chess Store by Rechapados Ferrer in Spain