This complete chess set package includes the Queen's Gambit Final Game Chess Pieces, our Mahogany and Maple Molded Edge Chess Board, and our Classic Mahogany Chess Box. Inspired by the Netflix series, The Queen's Gambit, these are the same pieces used in the final game in which Beth beat Vasily Borgov in the 1968 Moscow Invitational Chess Tournament (watch the YouTube video clip above). The pieces are an old Latvian model from the Soviet era, and we have carefully reproduced each piece. These are ebonized and natural boxwood pieces with a semi-gloss lacquer finish for a rich luster. The king is four inches tall with a base diameter of 1.625” and are heavily weighted for exceptional stability on the chess board. We include two extra queens for pawn promotion and a certificate of authenticity so you will always know what the set is, where it came from, the type of wood and when it was made.
Our Mahogany and Maple Molded Edge Chess Board is made for us by Rechapados Ferrer in Spain, the manufacturer of the highest quality inlaid chess boards in the world. Made from premium grade mahogany and maple veneer, the precision of the craftsmen inlay work is remarkable. The squares are 2.125" and the overall size of the board is 21.5" and .5" thick. A wide black delimiter surrounds and accentuates the squares from the extra wide frame. The molded edge is stained black to enhance the colors of the rich orange-brown color of the mahogany. The board is sealed with a matte polyurethane finish that both protects and enhances the beauty of the wood.
This handsome and sturdy mahogany chess box is the perfect chess box for storing your chessmen. It has an old world-charm with its lock and key for securing the lid and an emerald green baize interior with a divider in the center for separating the two colors. This is an inlaid wood box with a beautiful mahogany veneer on the outside finished with a satin polyurethane for a rich shine. High quality brass plated hinges and lock add to the attractiveness of this box. The bottom of the box is covered in with black felt to protect furniture where it might sit.
- Includes 34 Pieces with 2 Extra Queens for Pawn Promotion
- Ebonized & Natural Boxwood
- Semi-gloss Lacquer Finish
- King Height: 4"
- King Base: 1.625"
- King Weight: 2.5 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 40 Ounces
- Red Billiard Cloth Pads
- Mahogany & Maple Veneer & Wood Materials
- Matte Polyurethane Finish
- Black Stained Molded Edge
- Black Delimiter Around Square
- Square Size: 2.125"
- Dimensions: 21.5" x 21.5" x .5"
- Imported from Spain, Rechapados Ferrer is the largest manufacturer and the most recognized name of high quality wood chess boards in the world.\
- Material: Mahogany Veneers & Other Wood
- Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Outside Dimensions: 9.75" x 6.625" x 4.25"
- Inside Dimension: 8.75" x 5.625" x 3" (1" space above in lid)
- High Quality Hinges and Lock - Comes with 2 Keys