This complete chess set package includes the Queen's Gambit Final Game Chess Pieces matched with our Black & Ash Burl High Gloss Chess Board. Inspired by the Netflix series, The Queen's Gambit, these are the same pieces used in the final game in which Beth beat Vasily Borgov in the 1968 Moscow Invitational Chess Tournament (watch the YouTube video clip above). The pieces are an old Latvian model from the Soviet era, and we have carefully reproduced each piece. These are ebonized and natural boxwood pieces with a semi-gloss lacquer finish for a rich luster. The king is four inches tall with a base diameter of 1.625” and are heavily weighted for exceptional stability on the chess board. We include two extra queens for pawn promotion and a certificate of authenticity so you will always know what the set is, where it came from, the type of wood and when it was made.
Our Black and Ash Burl High Gloss Deluxe Chess Board is made for us by Rechapados Ferrer in Spain. This is an inlaid chess board made from black poplar and ash burl veneer and finished with a glass-like high gloss polyurethane that both enhances and protects the beauty of the wood. A pinstripe delimiter accentuates the squares and an extra-wide frame adds an elegant look to the board. The precision of the inlay work by the Rechapados Ferrer craftsmen is unmatched. The squares are 2.125" and the chess board measures 21.5" overall and has felt pads on the bottom.
- Includes 34 Pieces with 2 Extra Queens for Pawn Promotion
- Ebonized & Natural Boxwood
- Semi-gloss Lacquer Finish
- King Height: 4"
- King Base: 1.625"
- King Weight: 2.5 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 40 Ounces
- Red Billiard Cloth Pads
- Black Stained Wood & Ash Burl Veneer & Wood Materials
- High Gloss Polyurethane (glass-like finish)
- Square Size: 2.125" (actual 55mm)
- Dimensions: 21.5" x 21.5" x .5"
- Imported from Spain, Rechapados Ferrer is the largest manufacturer and the most recognized name of high quality wood chess boards in the world.