This chess set includes our Craftsman Series chess pieces matched with our Walnut and Maple Molded Edge Chess Board and Classic Walnut Chess Box. This set has become a popular model for players and collectors alike for its notable use in a number of prestigious chess tournaments in the U.S. including the 2021 Sinquefield Cup in Saint Louis. Handcrafted by our skilled artisans, this elegant Staunton chess set features a beautifully sculpted knight with fine detail and a unique mane that is far different from other knights. The other pieces have traditional Staunton shapes and an elegant profile that together creates a cohesive design from pawn to king. These are genuine ebony and boxwood pieces with a traditional polished lacquer finish. The king is 3.75” tall with a base diameter of 1.6”. The pieces are heavily weighted for exceptional balance and stability on the chess board and have green billiard cloth pads for a quiet soft cushion. We include two extra queens for pawn promotion.
Our Walnut and Maple Molded Edge Chess Board from Rechapados Ferrer combines classic design with elegant features to create an eye-catching battle field for your chess game. This is an inlaid chess board handcrafted from high quality walnut and maple veneer and sealed with a polyurethane finish that both protects and enhances the beauty of the wood. A wide and colorful burl wood delimiter accentuates the playing field while the black stained molded edge highlights the entire board. The squares are 2.125” and the footprint of the board is 21.5” square. Four felt pads on the bottom will protect whatever furniture the board sets on.
This handsome and sturdy walnut chess box is the perfect chess box for storing your chessmen. It has an old world-charm with its lock and key for securing the lid and an emerald green baize interior with a divider in the center for separating the two colors. This is an inlaid wood box with a beautiful walnut veneer on the outside finished with a satin polyurethane for a rich shine. High quality brass plated hinges and lock add to the attractiveness of this box. The bottom of the box is covered in with black felt to protect furniture where it might sit. Whether you are collector or looking for just one special chess set, the Craftsman blends beauty and functionality for display and play.
- Includes 34 Pieces with 2 Extra Queens for Pawn Promotion
- Ebony & Boxwood
- Traditional Polished Lacquer Finish
- King Height: 3.75"
- King Base: 1.625"
- King Weight: 3.2 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 56 Ounces
- Green Billiard Cloth Pads
- Includes a certificate of authenticity so you will always know the name of the set, where it came from, the year it was made, and the type of woods
- Recommended Chess Board Size: 2.125" - 2.25" Squares
- Walnut & Maple Veneers and Other Wood Material
- Matte Polyurethane Finish
- Square Size: 2.125"
- Dimensions: 21.5" x 21.5" x .5
- Burl Wood Delimiter Around Squares
- Black Molded Edge
- Made in Spain
- Material: Walnut Veneers & Other Wood
- Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Outside Dimensions: 9.25" x 6.375" x 4"
- Inside Dimension: 8" x 5" x 2.75" (1" space above in lid)