This colorful handcrafted chess set includes our Parker Staunton with ebonized and boxwood pieces matched with our Olive Wood and Black Poplar Chess Board. The Parker is one our exclusive designs with an old classic Staunton design and a handsome knight reminiscent of the older Jacque's sets. Pieces are heavily weighted for stability while billiard cloth pads give the pieces a soft feel and easy to slide across the chess board. This is a tournament size chess set with a 3.75" tall king and a 1.6" base.
The rich honey-orange color of our Deluxe Olive Wood and Black Poplar chess board makes a wonderful backdrop against the black ebonized and cream-colored boxwood pieces. This is an inlaid chess board handcrafted from the finest veneers and sealed with matte polyurethane finish to protect the wood. The precision of the inlay work is remarkable. The chess board has 2" squares accentuated by an elegant triple inlay delimiter and surrounded by an extra wide frame. The overall size of the board is 19.5" and is .5" thick. Whether you are a collector, competitive player, or looking for just one special chess set for your games at home, the Parker Staunton along with this beautiful chess board make an outstanding combination.
- Ebonized Boxwood & Boxwood
- Pieces individually hand polished with solid lacquer and buffing wheel
- King Height: 3.75"
- King Base: 1.5"
- King Weight: 2.5 oz.
- Chess Set Weight: 48 oz.
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Baize Cloth Pads
- Material: Tiger Ebony & Maple Veneer & Wood Materials
- Finish: Satin Polyurethane (soft sheen)
- Square Size: 2" (actual 50mm)
- Dimensions: 19.5" x 19.5" x .5"
- Imported from Spain, Rechapados Ferrer is the largest manufacturer and the most recognized name of high quality wood chess boards in the world.