One of our new chess sets introduced in 2021, the Leningrad offers a traditional Staunton design with a knight similar to our Yugoslavia set but with more refined features. This is an excellent chess to use in tournament play or the casual game at home. The king is 4" tall and has a base diameter of 1.625". These are golden rosewood and boxwood pieces that are heavily weighted to provide exceptional stability on the chess board. The golden rosewood wood has a golden-brown color with darker grain striations that add character to the wood. Thick green baize pads on the bottom create a soft cushion and allow the pieces to slide smoothly across the chess board. We include two extra queens for pawn promotion and a certificate of authenticity so you will always know what the chess set is, what the wood is, where it came from, and when it was made.
Chess Set Specifications & Features:
- Includes 34 Pieces with 2 Extra Queens for Pawn Promotion (Does Not Include Chess Board)
- Wood: Golden Rosewood & Boxwood
- Finish: Traditional Polished Lacquer
- King Height: 4"
- King Base: 1.625"
- King Weight: 3 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 48 Ounces
- Green Baize Pads
- Recommended Chess Board Size: 2.125" - 2.25" Squares