This unique chess set includes are Leningrad Staunton chess pieces matched with our Walnut and Maple Deluxe Chess Board and Classic Walnut Chess Box. Handcrafted by our talented artisans, these pieces are made from the highest quality golden rosewood and boxwood and are heavily weighted for superior stability on the chess board. The king is 4" tall and has a base diameter of 1.625" which is an ideal size for tournament play. The knights are similar to our Yugoslavia Staunton but with more refined features and detail. The pieces have thick green baize pads on the bottom for a soft cushion and easy sliding. We include two extra queens for pawn promotion and a certificate of authenticity so you will always know what the chess set is, what the wood is, where it came from, and when it was made.
Our Walnut and Maple Deluxe Chess Board is made for us by Rechapados Ferrer in Spain, the manufacturer of the highest quality inlaid chess boards in the world. Made from premium grade walnut and maple veneer, the precision of the craftsmen inlay work is remarkable. The squares are 2.125" and the overall size of the board is 21.5" and .5" thick. A triple inlay delimiter accentuates the playing area from the extra wide frame that is the full width of a square. The board is sealed with a matte polyurethane finish that both protects and enhances the beauty of the wood.
The chess box is wonderfully constructed and reminiscent of the old heirloom quality chess boxes from many years ago. The box is covered in walnut veneer and the interior is lined with thick green baize just like we use for the pads on our chess pieces. The box has a divider in the center for storing the black and white pieces separately. We used high quality recessed hinges and a brass plated lock for securing the lid. We include 2 keys in case one ever gets lost. The Leningrad and this chess board together not only offer an excellent set for playing a competitive game of chess but the heirloom quality of the pieces will add interest and beauty to your home décor.
- Material: Golden Rosewood & Boxwood
- Pieces individually hand polished with solid lacquer and buffing wheel
- King Height: 4"
- King Base: 1.625"
- King Weight: 3 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 48 Ounces
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Baize Pads
- Walnut & Maple Veneer & Wood Materials
- Matte Polyurethane Finish
- Square Size: 2.125"
- Dimensions: 21.5" x 21.5" x .5"
- Felt Pads on Bottom
- Made for The Chess Store by Rechapados Ferrer in Spain
- Material: Walnut Veneers & Other Woods
- Lining: Thick Green Baize (same material as the pads on the chess pieces)
- Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Silver Plated Lock and Hinges (includes 2 keys)
- Outside Dimensions: 9.75" x 6.625" x 4.25"
- Inside Dimension: 8.75" x 5.625" x 3" (1" space above in lid)