This package includes our Hallett of High Holborn Antique Reproduction Chess Set with ebony and boxwood pieces matched with our Black and Ash Burl Deluxe Chess Board. Our skilled craftsmen have recreated this exquisite chess set based on the original set produced by William Hallett of High Holborn back during the Victorian period in England. Each piece is beautifully designed with shapes and features commonly seen on English sets back in the mid-1800s. The knights are quite eloquent with a mane that looks different on each side. These pieces are made of genuine ebony and boxwood and have a traditional polished lacquer finish the makes the ebony shine like black obsidian. This is a large and heavy set with the king standing 4" tall and with a base diameter of 1.7". Pieces have green billiard cloth pads for a soft cushion on the chess board and are heavily weighted for exceptional balance and stability. We include two extra queens for pawn promotion.
Our Black and Ash Burl High Gloss Deluxe Chess Board is perfect for ebony and boxwood chess pieces. Imported from Spain, this is an inlaid chess board made for us by Rechapados Ferrer. The black and golden color of the natural ash burl are enhanced by the high gloss, glass-like finish creating an elegant backdrop for the ebony and boxwood chess pieces. A pinstripe delimiter around the squares and an extra-wide frame adds an elegant look to the board. The squares are 2.125" with the chess board measuring 21.5" x 21.5”. Whether you are collector or looking for just one special chess set, the Hallett of High Holborn will look stunning displayed in your home and prove equally good for playing.
- Includes 34 Pieces with 2 Extra Queens for Pawn Promotion
- Ebony & Boxwood Pieces
- Traditional Polished Lacquer Finish
- King Height: 4"
- King Base: 1.7"
- King Weight: 3 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 52 Ounces
- Green Baize Pads
- Includes certificate of authenticity so you will always know the chess set is, where it came from, the year it was made and where it came from
- Black & Ash Burl Veneer over MDF
- High Gloss Polyurethane Finish with a Glass-Like Finish
- Triple Layer Pinstripe Delimiter around Squares
- Extra-Wide Frame
- Square Size: 2.125”
- Chess Board Size: 21.5” x 21.5” x .5”
- Felt Pads on the Bottom
- Made in Spain by Rechapados Ferrer