This traditional looking package combines our French Lardy Staunton chess set with ebonized boxwood and natural boxwood pieces with the Queen's Gambit chess board. Our French Lardy Staunton is based on the original chess set made by the Lardy Chess Company in France from many years ago. There's nothing fancy about this chess set but it has a masculine handsomeness and a traditional Staunton look that serious chess players prefer for their everyday chess set. Pieces have green billiard cloth pads for a soft feel when moving and are properly weighted for stability on the chess board. The wood is hand polished to a beautiful sheen. The French Lardy is truly a classic and an exceptional chess set for the casual game at home or tournament play.
This is the exact same chess board as seen in the finale chess game of The Queen's Gambit Netflix series produced by Rechapados Ferrer for the series. This attractive board features black stained poplar for the dark squares and natural ash burl for light squares. A decorative black, red, and orange weave delimiter separates the squares from the frame and the board is sealed in a matte finish. The squares are 1.75" and the chess board measures 17.5" overall and has felt pads on the bottom. The history and origin of the chess board with the French Lardy chess pieces will add a special interest and fund to every game you play.
- Ebonized Boxwood & Boxwood
- Pieces individually hand polished with solid lacquer and buffing wheel
- King Height: 3.25"
- King Base: 1.375"
- King Weight: 2 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 32 Ounces
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Baize Cloth Pads
- Material: Black Stained Poplar & Ash Burl Veneer & Wood Materials
- Finish: Polyurethane Matte Finish
- Decorative Delimiter Separating Squares & Frame
- Square Size: 1.75"
- Dimensions: 17.5" x 17.5" x .5"
- Imported from Spain, Rechapados Ferrer is the largest manufacturer and the most recognized name of high quality wood chess boards in the world