This attractive handcrafted chess set includes our French Lardy with ebonized boxwood and boxwood pieces matched with our Classic Walnut and Maple Chess Board and Classic Walnut Chess Box. Our French Lardy Staunton originates from the classic model produced by the French Lardy Chess Company many years ago. The simple and handsome design has proven a favorite for generations of chess players. The pieces are beautifully shaped with simple detail that will withstand the wear and tear of regular use. This set features a 3.25” tall king with a base of 1.375”, an ideal set for casual games at home with family and friends. Pieces have green billiard cloth pads for a soft landing on the chess board and are nicely weighted for stability. The jet black ebonized pieces look almost like real ebony and they make a beautiful contrast against the rich golden-brown colors of the walnut board. We include a certificate of authenticity so you will always know what the chess set is, where it came from, and when it was made. The French Lardy continues to be one of the most popular chess sets ever made and is an excellent choice for your chess game!
Our Classic Walnut and Maple Chess Board is wonderfully handcrafted from the finest veneers and sealed in a semi-gloss polyurethane finish that both enhances and protects the character of the wood. This board features 1.75” squares and has a footprint of 17.5" and is .5” thick. We framed the squares in a wide black delimiter to both accentuate the playing area and enhance the rich color of the walnut and maple. For balance of design and visual aesthetics, we enveloped the board with a frame the full width of the squares. The precision of the inlay work across the entire chess board is remarkable. This beautiful chess board will enhance the enjoyment of every chess game you play on it.
The chess box is wonderfully constructed and reminiscent of the old heirloom quality chess boxes from many years ago. The box is covered in walnut veneer and the interior is lined with a thick green baize just like we use for the pads on our chess pieces. The box has a divider in the center for storing the black and white pieces separately. We used high quality recessed hinges and a brass plated lock for securing the lid. We include 2 keys in case one ever gets lost.
- Ebonized Boxwood & Boxwood
- Pieces individually hand polished with solid lacquer and buffing wheel
- King Height: 3.25"
- King Base: 1.375"
- King Weight: 2 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 32 Ounces
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Baize Pads
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity
- Material: Walnut & Maple Veneer over Wood Composites
- Black Inlay Border Around Playing Area
- Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Square Size: 1.75"
- Overall Dimensions: 17.5" x 17.5" x .5"
- Pads on the bottom to protect the surface it sets on
- Material: Walnut Veneers & Other Wood
- Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Outside Dimensions: 8.25" x 5.625" x 3.75"
- Inside Dimension: 7.25" x 4.5" x 2.5" (.75" space above in lid)
- High Quality Hinges and Lock - Comes with 2 Keys