This chess set package includes our Dubrovnik Championship Series chess set with genuine ebony and boxwood pieces matched with our Walnut and Maple Deluxe Chess Board and Classic Walnut Chess Box. This wonderful chess set is an exact replica of the one used in 1970s-era Dubrovnik Chess Olympiad in Siegen, West Germany. This wonderful Staunton pattern was made popular by the legendary Bobby Fischer, who was often photographed playing with his own set. This is a full tournament-sized set that features a 3.9" King with a 1.625" diameter base. The Chess pieces are hand carved by our master artisans one piece at a time. The ebony is polished to an obsidian black shine. The chess pieces are heavily weighted have thick green baize pads for a soft feel on chess board. The unique design, quality and craftsmanship of this chess set is simply unmatched.
Our Walnut and Maple Deluxe Chess Board is made for us by Rechapados Ferrer in Spain, the manufacturer of the highest quality inlaid chess boards in the world. Made from premium grade walnut and maple veneer, the precision of the craftsmen inlay work is remarkable. The squares are 2.125" and the overall size of the board is 21.5" and .5" thick. A triple inlay delimiter accentuates the playing area from the extra wide frame that is the full width of a square. The board is sealed with a matte polyurethane finish that both protects and enhances the beauty of the wood.
The chess box is wonderfully constructed and reminiscent of the old heirloom quality chess boxes from many years ago. The box is covered in walnut veneer and the interior is lined with a thick green baize just like we use for the pads on our chess pieces. The box has a divider in the center for storing the black and white pieces separately. We used high quality recessed hinges and a silver plated lock for securing the lid. We include 2 keys in case one ever gets lost. Whether you are a collector or just looking for one special chess set for home, the Dubrovnik with this beautiful chess board is an unbeatable combination.
- Ebony & Boxwood
- Pieces individually hand polished with solid lacquer and buffing wheel
- King Height: 3.9"
- King Base: 1.625"
- King Weight: 2.3 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 52 Ounces
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Billiard Cloth Pads
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Walnut & Maple Veneer & Wood Materials
- Matte Polyurethane Finish
- Square Size: 2.125"
- Dimensions: 21.5" x 21.5" x .5"
- Felt Pads on Bottom
- Made for The Chess Store by Rechapados Ferrer in Spain
- Material: Walnut Veneers & Other Woods
- Lining: Thick Green Baize (same material as the pads on the chess pieces)
- Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Silver Plated Lock and Hinges (includes 2 keys)
- Outside Dimensions: 9.75" x 6.625" x 4.25"
- Inside Dimension: 8.75" x 5.625" x 3" (1" space above in lid)