This unique handcrafted chess set includes our Dubrovnik Championship Series with ebonized and natural boxwood pieces matched with the Queen's Gambit Chess Board. This wonderful chess set is an exact replica of the one used in 1970s-era Dubrovnik Chess Olympiad in Siegen, West Germany. This wonderful Staunton pattern was made popular by the legendary Bobby Fischer, who was often photographed playing with his own set. This is a full tournament-sized set that features a 3.9" King with a 1.625" diameter base. The Chess pieces are hand carved by our master artisans one piece at a time. The jet black ebonized pieces are almost impossible to tell from real ebony and the boxwood is the perfect light amber color. The chess pieces are heavily weighted have thick green baize pads for a soft feel on chess board. The unique design, quality and craftsmanship of this chess set is simply unmatched. Whether you are looking for superior set for your casual game you are collector of fined chess sets, our Dubrovnik Championship Series chessmen are a must have.
This is the exact same chess board as seen in the finale chess game of The Queen's Gambit Netflix series produced by Rechapados Ferrer for the series. This attractive board features black stained poplar for the dark squares and natural ash burl for light squares. A decorative black, red, and orange weave delimiter separates the squares from the frame and the board is sealed in a matte finish. The squares are 2.125" and the chess board measures 21.5" overall and has felt pads on the bottom. The history and origin of the chess board with the Zagreb chess pieces will add a special interest and fund to every game you play.
- Ebonized & Natural Boxwood
- Pieces individually hand polished with solid lacquer and buffing wheel
- King Height: 3.9"
- King Base: 1.625"
- King Weight: 2.3 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 52 Ounces
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Billiard Cloth Pads
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Material: Black Stained Poplar & Ash Burl Veneer & Wood Materials
- Finish: Polyurethane Matte Finish
- Decorative Delimiter Separating Squares & Frame
- Square Size: 2.125"
- Dimensions: 21.5" x 21.5" x .5"
- Imported from Spain, Rechapados Ferrer is the largest manufacturer and the most recognized name of high quality wood chess boards in the world