This luxurious chess set brings together an old classic Staunton design with our beautiful and contemporary Macassar Ebony and Maple Chess Case. Our British Staunton is a close replica of an old British Chess Company chess set. This set features a sleek profile, a smaller than normal knight and an unusually tall rook which many players prefer. The British Staunton is a wonderful chess set for both a serious game of chess and displaying in your home. Our Macassar chess case has spectacular colors ranging from orange-brown to black and a unique wood grain pattern unlike any other. The glass-like polyurethane finish enhances the colors even more creating a striking piece of chess décor. Black chess pieces are the perfect match while standing out prominently against the multi-color Macassar. The case has 2 drawers, one on each players side, with 16 individual compartments for holding a standard 32 piece set. The compartments are lined with a soft beige color velour material that looks great and will protect your chess pieces from scratches, dents, or damage of any kind. Save $40 when you buy this complete chess set package!
- Ebony & Boxwood
- Pieces individually hand polished with solid lacquer and buffing wheel
- King Height: 3.5"
- King Base: 1.375"
- King Weight: 1.7 oz.
- Chess Set Weight: 32 oz.
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Billiard Cloth Pads
- Includes The Chess Store Certificate of Authenticity so you will always know what the chess set is and where it came from.
- Material: Macassar Ebony & Maple Veneer Over Wood Composite
- Finish: High Gloss Polyurethane
- Dimensions: 18.75" x 18.75" x 3.25"
- Square Size: 2"
- Large Compartments (8 each drawer): 4" x 1.7" x 1.7"
- Small Compartments (8 each drawer): 3.5" x 1.7" x 1.7"