One of our new chess sets introduced in 2021, the Leningrad offers a traditional Staunton design with a knight similar to our Yugoslavia set but with more refined features. This is an excellent chess to use in tournament play or the casual game at home. The king is 4" tall and has a base diameter of 1.625". These are ebonized and boxwood pieces that are heavily weighted to provide exceptional stability on the chess board. The ebonized pieces are dyed jet black and richly polished to produce the look of real ebony at less than half the cost. Thick green baize pads on the bottom create a soft cushion and allow the pieces to slide smoothly across the chess board. We include two extra queens for pawn promotion and a certificate of authenticity so you will always know what the chess set is, what the wood is, where it came from, and when it was made.
Chess Set Specifications & Features:
- Includes 34 Pieces with 2 Extra Queens for Pawn Promotion (Does Not Include Chess Board)
- Wood: Ebonized & Natural Boxwood
- Finish: Traditional Polished Lacquer
- King Height: 4"
- King Base: 1.625"
- King Weight: 3 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 48 Ounces
- Green Baize Pads
- Recommended Chess Board Size: 2.125" - 2.25" Squares