This beautiful handcrafted chess set includes our Fierce Knight Staunton with ebonized and natural boxwood pieces matched with our Classic Walnut and Maple Chess Board and Classic Walnut Chess Box. Our Fierce Knight is a blend of contemporary and traditional Staunton design featuring knights that are carved with realistic features. The perked ears, eyes, mouth, and mane create a fierce looking countenance that gives this set its name. The ebonized boxwood is jet black with no visible grain just like real ebony while the cream colored natural boxwood is the perfect wood for the white chess pieces. The pieces are hand polished to a beautiful luster. The king is 3" tall and has a base diameter of 1.375". The pieces are triple weighted for exceptional stability on the chess board and have thick green baize pads for easily sliding from square to square and a soft feel when placing. We include 2 spare queens for pawn promotion and a certificate of authenticity so you will always know what the chess set is, where it came from, and when it was made.
Our Classic Walnut and Maple Chess Board is wonderfully handcrafted from the finest veneers and sealed in a semi-gloss polyurethane finish that both enhances and protects the character of the wood. This board features 1.75” squares and has a footprint of 17.5" and is .5” thick. We framed the squares in a wide black delimiter to both accentuate the playing area and enhance the rich color of the walnut and maple. For balance of design and visual aesthetics, we enveloped the board with a frame the full width of the squares. The precision of the inlay work across the entire chess board is remarkable. This beautiful chess board will enhance the enjoyment of every chess game you play on it.
The chess box is wonderfully constructed and reminiscent of the old heirloom quality chess boxes from many years ago. The box is covered in walnut veneer and the interior is lined with a thick green baize just like we use for the pads on our chess pieces. The box has a divider in the center for storing the black and white pieces separately. We used high quality recessed hinges and a brass plated lock for securing the lid. We include 2 keys in case one ever gets lost.
- Ebonized & Natural Boxwood
- Pieces individually hand polished with solid lacquer and buffing wheel
- King Height: 3"
- King Base: 1.375"
- King Weight: 1.8 Ounces
- Chess Set Weight: 32 Ounces
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Billiard Cloth Pads
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Material: Walnut & Maple Veneer & Wood Materials
- Finish: Satin Polyurethane (soft sheen)
- Square Size: 1.75"
- Dimensions: 17.5" x 17.5" x .5"
- Material: Walnut Veneers & Other Wood
- Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Outside Dimensions: 8.25" x 5.625" x 3.75"
- Inside Dimension: 7.25" x 4.5" x 2.5" (.75" space above in lid)
- High Quality Hinges and Lock - Comes with 2 Keys