This package includes our Wellington Staunton Chess Set with ebony and boxwood pieces matched with our Mission Craft solid wood chess board with zebra wood and maple squares with a South American walnut frame. Named after the Duke of Wellington whom defeated Napoleon at the Battle of Waterloo, the Wellington blends contemporary and traditional Staunton features for a truly unique chess set from every angle. The knights are extraordinary with finely carved detail including the mane, eyes, ears, nostrils, and teeth. The other pieces are equally impressive with beautiful profiles and shapes. The lathe work is remarkable with compound collars and eloquent lines perfectly turned into each piece. The king is 4.25" tall with a 2" wide base and features an ornate finial that is unique from any other chess set in our collection. The pieces are triple-weighted to produce a low-center of gravity and exceptional stability on the chess board. The pieces are padded with thick green baize for a nice cushion when picking up and moving or sliding across the chess board. The pieces are individually hand polished to beautiful luster.
Made in America, our Mission Craft Solid Wood Chess Board is simplistically beautiful and profoundly designed. It's nothing less than a fine piece of handcrafted furniture and is the perfect surface for both playing and displaying your treasured chess set. This chess board features zebra wood and maple squares with a South American walnut frame that has a decorative maple inlay and corner dowels. This is a large chess board with 2.5" squares and measures 23.875" x 23.875" x 1.375" tall. Our Mission Craft Series solid wood chess boards are made for us by a local craftsman extraordinaire and are simply the best solid wood chess boards in the world. No other chess board made today compares in design and features built into this chess board. They are uniquely engineered to prevent warping which is a common problem with most solid wood chess boards. You will find no screws, plates, or other metal hardware on this chess board - it's all old-world woodworking genius.
Save $200.98 Compared to Buying Pieces & Board Separately!
- African Padauk & Boxwood
- King Height: 4.25"
- King Base: 1.875"
- King Weight: 3.6 oz.
- Chess Set Weight: 76 oz.
- 2 spare queens are included for pawn promotion
- Green Baize Pads
- Material: Zebra Wood, Maple & South American Walnut
- Finish: Polyurethane Semi-gloss
- Square Size: 2.5"
- Overall Dimensions: 23.875" x 23.875" x 1.375" thick
- Weight: 15 lbs.
- Laminated frame to prevent warping.
- Decorative corner dowels are used to strengthen mitered corners instead of screws and plates to maintain the old-world woodworking integrity.
- Decorative maple inlay surrounds the frame.
- Special interlocking design between board and frame to prevent warping.
- Exposed squares underneath.
- Special finish to protect and seal the wood on every exposed surface.
- Thick felt pads to protect the furniture you sit it on.
- Unique key-hole on back side of frame so the chess board can be hung on a wall.